Filezilla ftp server error

i try to download all file i get error in ftp
filezilla windows ftp server

Hello,

Welcome to the forum ! We hope you enjoy your time here, and find this to be a friendly and welcoming place.

If you issue a dir command in your FTP client after connecting and changing to the desired directory, are there actually files in that directory to be retrieved ? It may be you're trying to download files that don't actually exist in your current FTP directory, that would explain the error you're getting.

Note also that mget can literally just retrieve multiple files - it cannot recursively download the contents of sub-directories of the current working directory. So if (for example) in your FTP space you have nothing but a sub-directory called files/, and all the things you want to download are in that directory, then a straightforward mget * at the same level as the files/ sub-directory isn't going to work, as it can't recursively traverse a directory tree. So if all you have in the FTP root is sub-directories which contain the files you want, that would also explain the error you're getting here.

1 Like

This is a Unix/Linux forum so in addition to the Windows system that you mention I assume that you have another operating system. What is it?

Also, what version of Filezilla is it?

There's every possibility that you are doing nothing wrong but are experiencing a bug/feature. I've seen this before.

For example, read this:

Wildcard bug in FileZilla 1.1.0 - FileZilla Forums

I also wonder whether you should not put your wildcard pattern in quotes.
What gives:

mget *.*

We need more information of your environment.

1 Like

FileZilla is not always graceful on Windows but may not clobber for UID permission that provide a modicum of protection under Unix type systems.

The Windows server did not support secure profile restrictions (under MariaDB, I think) on Unix, although the client should fail rather than succeed by default on an arbitrary connection. Might work on Windows 11 with openssh enabled and built for static addresses, the features needed are available.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.