EISA CMOS checksum error

I have a UNIX server w/an Adaptec aha-2740 card and i keep getting this error during post: EISA CMOS checksum error. It then tries to boot from the floppy. Upon researching this problem i found that it could be one of two things. Either it is the battery on the m/b (which i have all but ruled out), or i need to run the configuration utility for the EISA. I am a complete newbie when it comes to UNIX boxes and EISA. I haven't been able to find the config utility and the only references to it that i see are pointing toward the board manufacturer. Anything to help me solve this probem and also to familiarize myself with this antiquated setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EISA :rolleyes:

I didn't know there were EISA devices on the market, ROTFL.

Well, there are a few on eBay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31494&item=6742433895&rd=1

Maybe you should upgrade :smiley:

Seriously, get a PCI-based system... OK?

Hey Neo, maybe I don't have that option :smiley:
This is a small businesses server and it has all of their accounting and inventory on it.

The software is on a HD what can easily be moved. Many people move HD to new servers.

Basic PCI boards cost less than the price of a few visits to Starbucks.

Methinks also this is a Windows user with nothing to do with UNIX or Linux, so I will move the thread to the Windows forum and close.