Driver for MYLEX SCO UNIX

Does anyone can help me with the driver for MYLEX DAC960PRL RAID Card for SCO UNIX

Hello,

Welcome to the forum ! Can you tell us which version of SCO UNIX you're dealing with here exactly ? There are big differences between OpenServer, UnixWare, and the various specific versions of both. For example, if you're talking about UnixWare 7, this particular controller appears to be handled by the SCO-provided dak host adapter driver. However, this driver may not be available on other particular versions or point releases of SCO OS's, so if you can let us know exactly what you're running, then we may be able to help further.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your replay, version i have is SCO Open Server release 5

Hello,

Thank you for providing that additional information. Now, my own personal experience with SCO is fairly limited (I briefly worked with SCO systems in the late '90s, but even then that work was limited to replacing them with Linux boxes), but I've done a bit of digging and hopefully have found something to help you.

According to SCO's own documentation (which still more-or-less persists on the Web at SCO Knowledge Center), the driver for this controller for OpenServer 5.0.7 is called mdac. To quote directly from a KB article titled "OSR5:What drivers are provided with the OpenServer 5.0.7 media?":

So essentially they're on a floppy disc image that you can find on the OpenServer 5.0.7 CD-ROM. Now, you of course appear to be running 5.0.4 rather than 5.0.7. With any luck there's a similar driver in a similar place on your 5.0.4 installation media; if not, then it may be the case that you have to obtain and upgrade to 5.0.7 at a minimum to obtain support for this particular controller.

Hope this helps !

1 Like

I have the DAC software on 1.44 floppy you boot on to setup the DAC960 Raid controller if that will help.
David

Hi, thanks for your reply, can you share in a cloud sevice ?

the mylex card i have is AcceleRaid 150 model, i was searching in internet and found that software to configurate this model is EzAssist V2.00

Sounds good.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.