Do You Sleep With Battery Powered Devices?

Be Truthful :smiley:

Do you sleep with any battery powered devices?

Select multiple choices if you do !!

Suggest new devices to add to the poll !!

No,

Mobile phone and ipod are in docking stations on the night stand when in the bedroom and I don't have a tv or anything else with a remote in the room.

I have a clock that displays the time on the ceiling. It is also a pink noise generator and I usually program it for "rainstorm". It plugs into the wall so I guess that disqualifies it. Also, it stays on the nightstand, as would a remote control if I had one. Must the device literally share my bed to qualify?

Perderabo,

I took it to mean literally in the bed. I know a lot of people sleep with their mobile phone in the bed either because of on-call work or as an an alarm clock.

Also a question. How well does the pink noise generator work for you? I have often wondered how effective they are.

The pink noise generator works wonders. I grew up without air conditioning and in the summer we used window fans. I still like to do that sometimes and I noticed that the drone of the fan really helps me sleep. I bought my clock radio without noticing that it had a pink noise generator. I just wanted the ceiling clock projector. I pushed the rainstorm button for the heck of it and it really helped me get to sleep.

This is the one I have: Amazon.com: Homedics SS-4500 SoundSpa Classic Clock Radio

I find that server fan noise is almost as good as "pink noise"

after 8 years I find it hard to sleep without my server fan noise.

Sleeping next to devices on the nightstand qualifies :smiley:

It helps me to fall asleep when i read something and so i sometimes awake finding the running laptop besides me.

I normally do not take off my wristwatch so i also sleep with it but it is a mechanically operated one, no batteries in it.

I have (probably unbelievable for an american) not even a TV (i prefer to read newspapers) so remote controls are out of question.

bakunin

Need my mobile phone when I sleep... its always somewhere in the immediate vicinity of my pillow.

Amazing ! ( am not an american )
I would love to do that, but am under the control of my defective senses :wink:

Not a thing. Even my alarm clock (which isn't a poll entry, but I think should be :P) is well across the room, to force me to get out of bed in the morning.

Does my small (450VA) UPS qualify?:smiley:

I sleep with my mobile phone (but it's purely platonic, I assure you!!)

It acts as my alarm clock. Only because my alarm clock is impossible to understand and harder to set.

I also sometimes sleep with my iPod. Which usually means I don't hear my alarm clock.

It also means I don't hear my boss when he calls on my alarm clock, err, mobile.

Without laptop & mobile i cannot sleep ;)...