Do You Play Video Games?

I was once a nethack kind of guy. I recently bought a Wii and am into Madden Football and Wii Sport.

Ohhh....that is a tough one...Myst used to be a really fun puzzle type 3D game with no blood and guts. There are more games out there like it. You would probably like it...it's classified as a "point and click" 3D adventure game.

Here is a list of games very similar in play style:

point and click adventure reviews and news at GameSpot

mario it is my favorite game

I play everyday:)

hectic work shedule:mad:

... video games are my social life!!!

No i dont play i am bored playing in systems,,,,, i never played i ll just watch who is playing and move ,,,

It's true, I automaticly consider computer games as video games, and I play them every day! I love chess, but a lot of mental intesity for a short game. I used to love Risk, but so rigged (dice rolls) it gets boring. World of Goo was great fun for awhile. My favorite Game right now is 'World of Mosaics', a number game. I haven't been able to find a good Sudoku download, but think I might really like that.

I used to play Diablo II, Master of Orion II and Ages of Empire and the rather geeky games like Lemmings and Pushover a lot before I started my current job. Now I simply cannot find the time for it any more, so nowadays its rather Mahjongg or Bejewelled II - usually during neverending conference calls that don't require too much attention or while waiting for an AIX installation or upgrade to finish ...

Rgds
zxmaus

About the only game I seem to play these days is Tiger Woods on the PS3. But I try to avoid playing Americans online if I can - because I swear over there they have fancy controllers that make them better than anyone else :slight_smile: Only joking - maybe I'm just rubbish at it, but I'm off to the states soon. First stop Circuit City or Best Buy to check it out (if they haven't gone chapter 11 by then, that is - please no - not yet!).

Hmm... I've only just finished Diablo II recently. :slight_smile: Pushover sounds interesting - it isn't one I've heard of, and the description over at Mobygames is terrible. Is it like arranging dominoes so that they fall in a certain way to solve the puzzle? I'll have to try and locate an image of that, none over at the DOS Games Archive unfortunately.

I voted 'almost never', but its not that simple. I'll go long stretches without playing games then have short stretches in which I play them a lot. Dwarf Fortress is a current favorite. Its an odd thing... Its vaguely like simcity simulated down to individual-person level, and by "person" I mean "short, angry, and flammable".

It is still very alpha, and it shows. The interface is somewhat inscrutiable, and its quite buggy, but the bugs are usually metagame errors and hilarious: "flying creatures give birth in midair, leading to tragedy", "mayor ordered himself beaten for failing to make crystal glass", "goblins teleport to capture location on fire when dropped in lava", "amputee liason leaves an extra sock and shoe on the map edge whenever she arrives", and so forth.

Ok, that's definitely getting looked at when I get home :slight_smile:
Cheers!

I've just recently started playing Eve Online. It's my first MMORPG, so far it's pretty good but I'm already starting to see that it's not going to be as easy as I'd hoped to remain independent and play the roaming type instead of working in consistent groups.
Actually, on that note; does anyone here play it? Maybe we should start up a unix.com Corporation :slight_smile:

not playing video game anymore
not because hate it, just dont have time for it

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Medal of Honor, Quake 3 Arena and Quake 4 are a few that will run on linux
and are fun