Daylight Savings - Timezones etc...

Hey Neo - or other Unix.com staffers - I've selected my Timezone for the forums - however it's wrong for my Country - as we have Daylight Savings for 6 months of the year - so currently were 1 hour ahead of the time that is provided in the personal options pages. Can we add another for this - no biggie obviously - but it would be more accurate.

I can give you the details if you want them....

You can set your timezone in the user control panel area .. under options.... I am not sure what you would like to change... My suggestion is to select a timezone that matchs your time... even if it is not the exact right timezone :slight_smile: Neo

The issue is that in my country - and I know this is so for other countries too - we have a daylight savings period for 6 months of the year.

So while we are normally GMT+12....during our Summer we are GMT+13. I select the normal TZ for my country from the settings - however it is currently wrong as it doesn't take the daylight savings into account.

It really is no biggie - as time in this forum is no real issue for me - but thought you may be interested to know.....

Thanks..... if you would be so kind to spend a moment to post a suggestion in the community boards at www.vbulletin.com and let them know, I'm sure they would be happy to fix this in a future release.

Consider it done.

Response from vBulletin....

"Peter,

This is a bit of a hard issue to deal with because some servers account for daylight savings; others don't. Some go on daylight savings at different times than others as well. This is something we've discussed looking into before though.

Thanks for the suggestion!"