Cyberspace Situation Graphs - Cyberspace Situational Awareness

Hi.

I've been very busy this month working on resurrecting my old projects related to "cyberspace situational awareness" (CSA) which began last month by surveying the downstream literature that referenced my papers in this area using Google Scholar and also ResearchGate and posting updates on my old CEP blog, which I have resurrected as the "Cyberspace Event Processing" blog.

Recently I came to a lightweight tipping point where I now think that one "key" to the yet unrealized goal to create cyberspace situational awareness is to focus on something I call "cyberspace situation graphs". Yesterday I put together a quick set of slides for a collaborator illustrating this concept - Cyberspace Situation Graphs - A Brief Overview.

Now we are considering building a small prototype, perhaps using Apache Spark and maybe Apache GraphX to build some real-time "situation graphs" , perhaps using forum events as input to the graph building process.

Is anyone interested in participating in this prototype with us? If so, please post back in this thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Neo,

Thank you for sharing, honestly speaking I have no knowledge about this, if possible I could learn it from scratch and could try to learn/help too.

Thanks,
R. Singh

In that case you should probably install and test Apache Spark and GraphX on a Linux box, perhaps running Ubuntu, first.

OK?

Update:

Now we have one very experienced collaborator for this project from ResearchGate; he is PhD student who is planning on writing his PhD these around this topic.

Keywords: cyberspace situational awareness, cyberspace situation graph, cyberspace object base (cyber object base), cyberspace situation base (cyber situation base), cyber-object, parent cyber-object, child cyber-object, device cyber-clone

Update: Current version is draft version 0.87 and include comments from a collaborating researcher at Penn State University.

Update. Have made some baby steps progress on this:

FYI:

An Evaluation of NetJSON and netjsongraph.js for CSA

//youtu.be/UdGVfoHkYeM