Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition [GUI interface]. If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file ) I can only mount it as read only.

When I type in dmesg into terminal I am informed that the UFS kernel has been compiled in read-only support.

I investigated into this and found that the Linux UFS kernel is compiled to be as such (read only for UFS) as there has been data loss issues when mounting UFS file systems as read,write in the past. Therefore I need to setup an internet connection within Solaris 9 through the QEMU VM I know about editing the following configuration files ...

/etc/defaultrouter /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/resolv.conf /etc/hosts (etc)

But what I am struggling to do is locate and/or install the driver for my NIC card on my mounted Solaris 9 OS and activate it ( ifconfig XXPUT-NIC-DEV-HEREXXX up ) If I can do that then I can get down to business on the conf files above.

Can anyone help? I shall gladly await your response
regards

Please do not cut-and-paste post from stack exchange (or any other site), unformatted, here at unix.com.

It's OK to post at multiple locations on the net, but just cutting and pasting from one site without any regard for formatting or the site, is really not nice.

This is an unformatted (forum pollution) version of a post on stack exchange posted today by "greenelephant".

In fact, it's not clear to me if "these are your posts" or if you are just "cutting and pasting others posts"....

Either way...

Thread closed.