clone harddisk

Hi,
i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk.
I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info.
I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough.

Can somebody tell me if this is possible to make phisycla dumps of harddisk (like is possible with norton ghost for windows).

/Dirk hazenoot:confused:

Try the command line utility dd

As I known is quite possible to clone a disk including its partition table using dd command, but do it focus in the slice number 2 , this due the 2nd slice is the entire disk image and it will be copied in the new device. :slight_smile:

Have you tried taking an image of it and then loading the image to other identical boxes?

I use "SystemImager" to do this and it works fine. Give it a try.

vj

:frowning:

Using ufsdump is faster, but you have to create the same partitions or higher depend on you needs it has to be done manually, and be done slice by slice. I think at least it's a lot of time spent, I personally vote for using dd command, in my case i used it with 4GB disks and it works ok, taking about 40 minutes/per disk.:wink:

I've used Ghost to do Linux, UNIX, and *BSDs. It should work great for sun UNIX.