Change Name of Bluetooth Device from Command Line in macOS

Mac Version 10.15.2 (macOS Catalina)

Does anyone know how to change the name of a connected bluetooth device from the command line on macOS?

I am having trouble with various bluetooth devices which I cannot get the "rename" option in the GUI to "save" properly and so I cannot rename a few devices (two keyboards, one headset)

I tried installing BluetoothConnector

brew install bluetoothconnector

but this utility only permits connecting and disconnecting (and notify).

Catalina:~ Tim$ BluetoothConnector
Usage: BluetoothConnector [--connect | -c] [--disconnect | -d] 00-00-00-00-00-00 [--notify | -n]

Get the MAC address from the list below (if your device is missing, pair it with your computer first):
00-cd-fe-b8-ae-ef - Tim's iPhone 6S
20-c9-d0-96-1f-00 - TIM-MAC-MINI
60-f8-1d-2c-55-4c - Tim iPhone Plus
00-00-00-00-08-1e - AWEI MUSIC
98-5a-eb-bf-82-ae - Tim Bass's Keyboard #1
1c-36-bb-0a-ca-08 - Magic Mouse
54-46-6b-91-e6-0d - Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard

I was able to change the the name of the mouse using the GUI, but when I change the name of the keyboards or bluetooth headset, the name changes do not "stick".

So, searched the web for a way to do this with a single command line tool and did not find anything.

If anyone has one, that would be great; but is is not critical.

The issue I am facing is that I sometimes like to use a small backlit bluetooth keyboard in the dark, I bought this keyboard on Aliexpress:

AVATTO Ultra-thin 7 Color LED Backlit Wireless Bluetooth Tablet Keyboard For Android, Mac OS, Windows Tablet Phone

This keyboard works "OK" and the backlight feature is really good; but there is some communications problem with it when I try to manage it using bluetooth preferences (it hangs). The keyboard works fine; but it has as adverse effect on bluetooth setup, overall.

It's not a big deal, just an annoyance.

I don't think renaming it will make a difference, but I wanted to try anyway; but I cannot rename it via the GUI (in a way which actually "holds"), so I am looking for some robust command line tools for the mac.

BluetoothConnector does not rename devices.