Board Maintenance

Just a remark now the board has grown to considerable proportion. I see too little of an active hand(s) maintaning the boards, clipping away dead posts, moving posts that were created in the wrong forums etc. It's a bit tiring to see alot of threads ending in: this has been covered before, do a search. I think these threads/posts should be deleted in due time. Isn't it time that the main forums get some moderators assigned who can take out the weed and keep the board efficient and lean?

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

There was a call for moderators just recently posted by Neo... maybe you missed that. I'm not sure everyone has the time to run through this thing and weed out some of the posts you mentioned.

It would be nice, no doubt... but it takes manpower and time to get it done... and with a forum of this size, I'd say it's doing pretty good. And while I'm on the subject, I'd like to congratulate Neo and whoever else is in charge of this for surpassing the 3000 point and QUICKLY coming up on the 4000 member mark... that's awesome.

This has to be one of the fastest growing forums I've seen, and an excellent one at that. Congrats to those where it's due.

My apologies for missing that post :slight_smile:

I must say I can't find the post where Neo calls for moderators. I would not judge the success of a forum by the number of members but rather participation and satisfaction rate.

It wasn't an actual post that called for moderators... it was an announcement that appeared across the entire board. I'm not sure how that happens, but I doubt you'd find it in a search.

And just to respond to your comment about member size vs. satisfaction, I challenge you to find a user on this board besides yourself who is not satisfied for the most part with the operation of the forum. My comment about member size was merely to state the attraction that this site has succeded in creating. Nothing more.

Thanks for the note. There was indeed a long announcement for board moderators for over a month. I've been busy with my paying job and some vacation time; so my apologies for not keeping the posts crisp and all forums lean & mean. I do try to enjoy beaches and waterfalls on some weekends!

I've put up the 'call for moderators' announcement again, but only for a few more weeks.

Yes announcements do not show up in a search. No probs regarding the work and holidays. I think most of us 'suffer' from that routine, including myself. I have emailed you about the moderator call.

Needless to say, these forums are a lot of work and it is all for peace on earth, good will toward all, and other nonprofit social ideals to build a 'patient, kind and gentle' Universal Internet eXchange technical community!!!

Thanks for the kind notes :slight_smile: