Automating Crontab through script??

is it possible to automate crontab through script... I ll be getting the data i.e. cron entries from DB.

crontab is defined in a file such as in /var/spool/cron/crontabs on Solaris.
You can make a script to automate crontab.

Cheers,

how can we do that Joseph??? Can u plz guide me on that?

Did you search the Internet using Google or your favorite search engine prior to your reply to this answer?

Please don't ask people in these forums to answer your questions you can easily find using Google; or please demonstrate you tried to search first by showing you attempted to help yourself before asking someone here to do it for you.

• Did you search these forums for an answer?
  • Did you search the net for an answer?
  • Or, did you just reply with another question because you did not want to do the work yourself?

ok..............

You seem to be somewhat miffy because of Neos answer and you have chosen to report his posting. There is absolutely no reason for that.

First off, we are neither your helpdesk nor your consultants. We will help you help yourself, but definitely not do your work for you. Not only, because we are habitually lazy (otherwise we would not put so much effort in avoiding unnecessary work), but also, because you would learn nothing from the experience of being spoon-fed our solutions. We offer learning experiences here, not done work. Once you get to acknowledge this fine difference your miffiness will go away like water under the bridge - i promise.

Another thing is: we are all professionals here, not script-kiddies. Please treat us accordingly and speak to us accordingly. You can talk to us in plain English and we are quite forgiving for people speaking English as a second language, but we don't like to read

because this way either you come across as not fully grown up (you don't want to earn such a reputation here, do you?) or you are insinuating that we are kiddies you try to accomodate language-wise. I can tell you for sure, we are all grown-ups here and we are used to a businesslike tone of conversation from our professional environments. If your question is not even important for you to go out of your way and add the 2 characters in "you" and the 3 characters in "please" (it is really written with "s", not with "z") why should your question be important enough for us to put in any effort in solving it?

Think about it.

bakunin

2 Likes