Are these Raspberry Pi kits really complete?

This is a test to see if the Emergency and UNIX and Linux Support forum is still working...

I see that Amazon has a deal on Raspberry Pis today (CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (B Plus) Starter Kit (32 GB EVO+ Edition, Premium Black Case) and CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit - 32 GB Edition).

Are these really complete, or do I need to add other stuff (like a keyboard, display, or external storage of some kind) to be able to write and run recent Linux bash shell scripts on these kits?

Hi,

Just checking that you can reply, I suspect that you'll have to add bits to all of the Raspberry Pi Kits.

Regards

Gull04

1 Like

Yes, you need a USB keyboard, USB mouse, and a screen with a HDMI interface (typically a TV is used).

Optionally, you can add a USB3 external disk (I use a 1TB Western Digital Passport).

There are a number of OS's available which you can write on the SDCARD on a PC, insert into the RPi and boot.

WiFi is on-board.

1 Like

Testing testing......

Are these OneSky 130 $200 dollar scopes worth the money?

AWB OneSky Reflector Telescope (US only) - Astronomers Without Borders

If you buy several and configure them correctly, you can build a clustered Pi. Try clowning it for each site you need.

:rolleyes:

- - - - - -

So I've proved that the smilies and edits work here too.

1 Like