A journey down memory lane - AMIGA...

Hi guys and gals...

Who still plays with the AMIGA in any of its guises?

I have a classic A1200(HD) on 24/7 and still build and code for it...

Also _clones_ of the same machine using WinUAE and E-UAE...

It still has that one major beauty for this 62 year old - moi - it is FUN! ;o)

A long time ago, so long I can't remember, I had C64, Amiga and Atari computers. I used to write assembler and basic programs on them.

It's cool you still play on those; but I'm busy writing code for today's web apps and don't have time for "nostalgic computing" at all.

If you have too much time on your hands, we have a new PHP project we unix.com admins are about to start on for this year, and could use some good PHP/HTML programmer volunteers!

Hi Neo...

I am an amateur coder, and only do it in the evenings. I am a professional RF engineer, (originally pure electronics), but code in my spare time...

My latest upload for the classic AMIGA, on AMINET, was a DEMO Python anim' of an EM87 Magic Eye valve/tube, on 1st Jan 2013. At the time of this reply it was at position No3...

I have uploaded loads of stuff to there and my best kids project was for the AMIGA the first GIF anim you see:-

I know you don't like URLs posted but it is mine and is HTML 3.2, 256 colour, compliant...

The GIF anim you view is a calibrated DC-100KHz Oscilloscope that COULD, at the time, be made by almost anyone... I even deveoped the GUI for it where the buttons stay in when selected. I am still in awe of the AMIGAs Intuition... The sinewave generated in the anim was a real sample not a _photoshopped_ painted one...

If you want to see a list of my stuff for the AMIGA here is AMINET's URL pointing to me...

The vast majority of my stuff is PD but some I put on GPL. I ask for no money and none of my code or programs are crippled in any way...

Again apologies for the URL, I only do stuff for kids to understand and do for themselves...

I also have a load of Python stuff on code dot activestate dot com, well over 40 snippets...

And to answer your final question I have never coded in php plus I am not a good enough coder anyhow...

Bazza, G0LCU...

EDIT:- I forgot to add that I have modified a USB KB to give cude USB I/O at about 300 bps for a simple OS - MikeOS - of which I am a member
and the 8086 assembly code to use it... If you want the pointer for the details I will give it. This is also in the PD... ;o)