Reading and writing SCO DAT tapes uing Linux

Hi, Guys.

I've been trying to read and write SCO DAT tapes to my Linux
hard disk. I'm using RedHat 6.0 because it is the only version
that has device drivers for my SCSI host adapter and SCSI tape
drive.

When I run the command "cpio -ivt > /dev/st0" I can read the
archive from the SCO DAT tape, but when I try to write to the hard disk from the tape device the processes either hangs or returns the following output:

cpio: warning: skipped 50935378 bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 3551 bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 25774 bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 10757bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 11251 bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 38043 bytes of junk
cpio: warning: skipped 2326 bytes of junk

The restore command I'm running is "cpio
idcmv /wicprod/REC1.sql < /dev/st0

I have tested cpio commands from my Linux machine itself and
everything worked properly. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

You might consider compiling the same cpio software on both platforms (SCO and LINUX) and then writing-reading with the same software.

Does GNU distribute a version of cpio ?

If you can find a GNU version compile for both platforms, that might help..... Neo

I found it......

http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/cpio.html

NEO, thanks for the info, but the problem was solved by simply removing the -c flag from the cpio command. The weird thing is that if a cpio archive is created with the -c flag, isn't it required to unarchive with the -c flag? Hmmm, I guess the version of cpio on
my SCO box doesn't recognize the -c flag.