Calendar on web - newbie

Hi folks,

I am kind of new to these things. I want to create a web based database which will serve as a sort of vacation calendar for the employees so that we know how many men we have at a given date.
We want this to be seen on internal pages only, so it will be accessed by a username and passwd.

The problem is, I have never developed a web page or database on the web page. Where should I start? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

apprentice

PHP MySql, is the answer. There are some pretty good tutorials out there in the google world. The problem is not the choice but the time you have to get things done. You can find some really good code implemented in PHP MySql that only needs to be put in a webserver. So everything is up to you to choose.

There are plenty of free PHP / MySQL applications and scripts available. Click on over to Hot Scripts - The net's largest PHP, CGI, Perl, JavaScript and ASP script collection and resource web portal. and look around and let us know if you find anything you can use.

That's the great resource! Two hands for it.