ZPOOL help..

hi ...
i have added a physical disk to the pool with
""zpool add <poolname> diskname"""... after that i realized that i have to mirror it instead..then i tried to take that disk out of the pool but i m not able to do that..
i have gone through many unix help sites , nothing worked ,
so please help me...

i cant destroy the pool, i just want the disk to be removed from the pool.
for your information pool was already created then the disk was added to the pool accidentally.

Removing a disk from a pool is unsupported. I'm afraid your only option is to backup all your pool dataset hierarchy, destroy your pool, create the mirror and restore from backup. A safer way would be to use a third disk as intermediary device.

You don't have to remove it... You can create mirror vdev out of it (attach submirror to it) with the following syntax:

zpool attach pool device new_device

And then you can't remove new_device after you remove device.

OP wrote that he wanted to create mirrored configuration, but he attached single disk to the pool by mistake. I provided a way to transform that single disk into mirrored configuration.

thanks all...

but can anyone one of you give me the step by step procedure(BACKUP method) for saving my data and disk ...im afraid of loosing data.
Also is there any method of create a BACKUP,EXPORT the pool then again IMPORT????

did u try just detaching the disk and attaching back to the pool ??