zone and global zone Ip change

Hi
I have a global zone server with 4 difrent zones servers on it .
I need to change all the Ip's for the global zone server and for his 4 zones servers .
the change is a totaly diffrent Ip address on a diffrent range so I think I will need to do some changes on the defaultrouter and maybe some other files .
My questions are :

1.What are the full steps for changing Ip on a global server and on a zone server including which files need to be change .

1. Who I should start the Ip change on the global server or the zones servers ?

3.I think I will need to reboot the zones servers after the change , my question from where should I run the reboot command from the global server ?
what's the syntax ?

4.My last question is , I have another server taht I would like to know how can I tell if its a zone server or a standart physical server ?

Thank you very much
shai

That depends. You usually change the /etc/hostname.<interface> file on the global zone and on zones with an exclusive IP stack. For regular zones, you use the zonecfg command. /etc/defaultrouter and /etc/hosts are also usually to be updated. Service/application specific files might also need it too.

The global one only unless you have exclusive IP zones as already stated.

You don't need to reboot any global or non global zone. Just change all the IP addresses with the ifconfig command.

If zonename returns something different than "global", you are on a non global zone.

Hi Thank you for your answer .
With regards to your answer to Item2 about the order yo wrote "The global one only unless you have exclusive IP zones as already stated." and I don't understand the question since as I mentioned I will need to change both zone and global zone Ip's so why did you write global zone only ? how will the zones be changed if I will change only bthe global zone ?

Thanks
shai

Perhaps did I misunderstood your question as it isn't clearly expressed but my point is non global zones interfaces are configured from the global zone in that case.