Hi ,

I am working on a script which will do the below things

1) It will checkout from the repository
2) then zip that checkout stuff
3) and put the zip folder to FTP server

Here my question is I am able to checkout successfully
through this coomand
svn co <url>/repositoyname/tags/splash_11_40

this command will checkout the splash_11_40 stuff .Is there any method through which I can zip the folder and with the same name and loaded to ftp.

Thanks

#!/bin/bash
file=$1
/usr/bin/svn co <url>/repositoyname/tags/$file
/bin/gzip $file
HOST=192.168.1.2
LOGIN="user"
PASSWORD="pass"
ftp -i -n <<EOF
open $HOST
user $LOGIN $PASSWORD
put $file.gz /remote/srver/path/
quit
EOF
./run <filename>

Do modify the svn url, username, password etc as required!

--ahamed

Hi

I will do it through the configuration file where all tags will specified and script will run from the crontab and read that configuration file and will checkout each tag one by one...here my solution is can we do it in while loop ...i.e. after putting one file or checkout stuff to ftp server it should not exit and run till all the checkot stuff loads to the FTP server .

But I have few doubts i.e. if one tag reaches to the FTP server it should be removed from the server from where I will take the checkout

this script will run from the crontab so there should be some way that the stuff that has reached to the FTP server remove from the chekout server immideatley after loads to the ftp server beacuse the svn server has very less space .there should be kind of check that if already one tag is on FTP server it should not run ...Please put your suggestion for this

After reaches to the FTP server a mail of all specified tag that loaded to the FTP server too