XSCF on M3000

Hi,

I've updated a few M3000s to new firmware without any hassle, but on one of them the following is happening:

XSCF> getflashimage -u wayner ftp://10.16.122.200/tftpboot/IKXCP1102.tar.gz
Error: insufficient free space

Any idea how to delete whatever old firmware is on there so I can get the new one transferred?

Thanks.

the "getflashimge" tool should itself ask you to delete the old image... have you rebootet the xscf before doing the update? what is the output of:

getflashimge -l

?

1 Like

Yeah I'm not sure why it's not asking me that, it did with the others. getflashimage -l returns nothing?

the command should return the current available update file which is on the system... maybe you should do a complete reset to factory default and start over with your xscf.

It's quite strange. I ran getflashimage -d to delete other ones too, still saying insufficient free space though

So before this thread dies completely:

Apparently I need to create a root account for the xscf, with which I can run commands like ls, rm and so on, so I can delete the old firmware and free up space. Trouble is, I'm not sure how to do so.

Has anyone done this before?

I think you should create SR for Oracle and follow their advice.

Right, I think I've spotted it. I need to connect to the machine via serial connection, use the default login, then work away from there.