x4600 iLOM issue

I need to configure the iLOM for x4600 server. before I can set the IP details and commit, I need to set network state should be enabled. However my firmware is already the latest and I need not upgrade. I am not able to set the /SP/network state to enable. pls assist. i BELIEVE the bug was fixed in v3.0.3 . So how's this possible here??

-> show /SP/

/SP
    Targets:
        alertmgmt
        clients
        clock
        config
        console
        diag
        firmware
        logs
        network
        powermgmt
        serial
        services
        sessions
        users

Properties:
        check_physical_presence = true
        hostname = (none)
        reset_to_defaults = none
        system_contact = (none)
        system_description = SUN FIRE X4600, ILOM v3.0.3.31, r42822
        system_identifier = (none)
        system_location = (none)

Commands:
        cd
        reset
        set
        show
        version

-> cd /SP/network
/SP/network

-> set state=enabled
set: Command Failed

---------- Post updated 01-07-10 at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous update was 01-06-10 at 07:32 PM ----------

Any help here??:frowning:

just a thought here, what about downgrading the fw?

downgrading firmware esp on SUN x-series is a wrong move to make. The newer the better.
Issue solved. Power cycled the system a few times.
Created IP,netmask , reset SP <all IP config will disappear again bcos the commitpending failed)
Again created IP,netmask and gateway, followed by commitpending and enabled state as the last command before reset SP.
ILOM got configured! :smiley:
T-series, X-Series, though the iLOM technology are the same, the concept or method of configuring them always differs by some way, depending on the h/w arch model.. Really crazy SUN....! :cool:

why do you say that?

From my experience, I have seen many many X machines with regular problems.. VMware hang, windows crash, Solaris hang, HDD no LED though format sees it, less memory shown on OS instead of showing correct memory size, memory failure intermittently or system has amber LED.... Most of these problems were SOLVED by upgrading from earlier releases from iLOM to the latest and of course, migrate from eLOM to iLOM for all systems, which SUN announced openly to all.

well that sounds like a reason if any.