X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning,

I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0

The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took care of the issue.

I moved the machine around over the past couple of days and now the X-Server can not be started on display :0 is back.

Note: During the move, I tried to hook it up to a different monitor with a DVI connection which did not work. When I hooked up the old VGA monitor, that worked. I did notice that I never disconnected the DVI monitor during that process though. (though that monitor never came up)

So now I've moved the machine back to its original location, connected to the vga only and I'm getting the error message above.

Any ideas?

---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:37 AM ----------

I do also see POLLHUP received, about to exit: above the other message.

---------- Post updated at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:05 AM ----------

Unbelievable. Having the mouse unplugged causes it. Found the solution here: X-Server cannot be started on display 0