Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi,

I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script.

The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp).

I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me?

Thanks,

regards,
Sai

This request is too vague. This should be a matter of using sql and piping/re-directing it into whatever sql cli is available. What database are you using? What operating system are you using? What data are you trying to load? Attach a sample of the data. Give example of the particular timestamp? Give an example of data in the table if it exists.

Thanks a lot for the reply
hi i'm using ORACLE SQL DEVELOPER 3.2.2
eg of data file:
240332528 14-MAY-13
100075555 14-MAY-13
100075654 14-MAY-13

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.