Would like to learn Veritas

I would like to just few things about
Veritas or Sun clustering software.
Veritas netbackup
Veritas Volume manager

How do i learn these tools they are enterprise level software. They are not easily accessible

thanks

why not use sun cluster and slvm?

Veritas is industry standard for volume management and cost about 80 000 $ do is better to learn ZFS and Solaris volume management

You should be in such an environment that has these technologies for you to hands-on and pickup. If not, its slow and you cant grasp much. From my experience Im advising :stuck_out_tongue:

Completely inaccurate and not terribly helpful. It is perfectly valid to want to learn to use Veritas products.

Vertias is not a single product. As the OP already indicated he/she already knows this. All veritas products have a tiered pricing structure based either in server type and/or CPU count. An entry level license for each of the veritas products is very significantly less than $80,000 and in many real world situations its better to know the veritas products than one of the "Single OS" alternatives.

Storage foundation would probably be the best starting point, there is a free download of a somewhat restricted version on the Symantec website.

veritas x86 32 bit version is available. we can install in vmware

I am a Unix/Linux Admin and i have been searching for a job for last 3 weeks. All the positions require somewhat knowledge of veritas volume manager and veritas cluster. It would be very easy to get many many position if i have those skills. I think i have figured out a way to learn these products from systematic website.

Storage Foundation QuickStart includes basic versions of VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS File System.

This is free online. so i have downloaded it but have not yet installed.

i want to just make sure what i am thinking above is right? will this get me started?

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:23 PM ----------

Thanks i just realized you had said the exact same thing.