Wireless-G network

Hi,

I have a laptop with a Linksys Wireless G PCMCIA card and a cable connection goin into a router and then a patch lead from the router going to a Linksys Wireless G access point IP 192.168.1.245 with DHCP disabled.

I can connect to the access point from the laptop, but how do I get the laptop to surf the internet through the access point???

when I go to the browser and try and surf nottin happens. what do I have to do???

All of this is on a windows 98 laptop

Can other machines on the network ping your address? Can you ping yourself?

You may have to change your access point threshold.

1. Go to your Desktop and double click on Internet Explorer

2. After Internet explorer opens you will need to access the router's setup page. Access the routers setup page by typingi n the router's IP address into the "Address" area of Internet Explorer (By default the IP address of the router is http://192.168.1.1) Once you input the routers IP address, click Go or [Enter].

3. You'll be prompted for a "User Name" and "Password". Leave the "User Name" area blank, and input the routers password into the "Password" field; by default the routers password is admin.

4. Once the setup page opens, click on the Advanced tab.

5. On the "Filters" tab, look for the Wireless tab at the top, near the end tabs. Once you find the Wireless tab and click on it.

6. After the "Wireless" area opens look for "RTS Threshold" and change the value to 2304.

7. Click Apply then Continue.

Reboot.

Georgio S.