Windows gui scp programs for directory with thousands of files

Are there any good windows gui scp programs for a directory with thousands of files? Winscp and filezilla are both struggling really badly.

Hi, can you elaborate 'struggling really badly' what aspects.... selection/transfer/specific functionality (or lack of )
What spec is the host (cpu (model)/ ram(amount/type) /storage (type&size)

etc etc

2 Likes

tks @desertdenizen

(looks like you need to buy?(after 'evaluation' )) - confirm if otherwise pls.

as @cokedude has yet to reply to the questions I think its better to wait for that information to help them make a balanced&informed decision / provide potential alternatives.

1 Like

Sorry. It does not open the directory with thousands of files. The programs crash or completely freeze.

ok,

what about answering the requests for information ...
whilst you do that, can you say how many files are in (one of the) directories these programs fail to run against.

(have you got cygwin installed on the pc ?, are you familiar with linux/unix type utilities ?)

thks

I do not currently have cygwin installed. Yes I am familiar with linux/unix utilities.

sunos, 2 cpus, 32 GB of ram, 1 TB of storage.

just to confirm

• you've posted this under the 'ETC / MICROSOFT Windows' category
    but the h/ware is ?sparc? running sunos (version?)

• is this a MS Windows issue if so, please clarify for [me] us with configuration

• the tools mentioned Winscp / filezilla being (typically) MS WINDOW client apps (i have zero MS WINDOWS experience ) . if this is the case , are you attempting to 'view/manipulate' files on the sunos box from a MS WIndows client app (Winscp / filezilla ) , if yes, how are you connecting to the sunos host

• the 'more' concise/precise/succinct the information you give the better chance the team have of responding likewise.

if i'm missing something - fill in the blanks please. :slight_smile:

tks

This. I am trying to connect to the sunos server from MS Windows.

I need a Windows gui scp program that can handle a directory with thousands of files.

You asked these questions so I answered them.

There are two hosts involved, you've given the spec for one , would be grateful if you give the same for the windows host as it's the one most likely with the issues. Also, network bandwidth connectivity details would be a nice to have.

Wrt 1000's of files, what sort of numbers are you actually talking about.

thks

Windows 10
6k files.

? ram on the pc
? cpu model on the pc

tks

16 GB, i7

Are the files in the same directory on a SOURCE (win) host?
If so, can you copy/move the whole directory from Source (win) to DESTINATION (Solaris)?

Actually, are you copying from win->solaris or solaris->win?
What's your src/dst?

The source is the Solaris server. Trying to copy it back to my Windows computer.

ok.
Are all 6k files in the same directory at source?
If so, can you copy the WHOLE directory without opening it win wincp?

1 Like

How? What program can handle that many files?

in wincp, select the WHOLE directory from source and drag it to the DESTINATION pane.

If it can't open the directory would it be able to copy the entire directory? I would think opening the directory would be easier than copying the entire directory.

Wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

2 Likes