Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There
I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while.
Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The packages starts on either one or the other node, and mounts the LUN on the mount point fine, and the IP address comes up on either node that I start it on. The package is fine, but I want to test failover.

To simulate a issue/failure, If I remove the LUN/Disk, and I can see it is removed via ioscan -fnNC disk (no hardward) and/or I remove the IP via ifconfig lanXXX down, the package never fails, even though the resource are offline.
the IP goes down on the node, netstat -inw shows its down, and the mount point breaks (i can't view files within the lost mount point, although bdf shows its still mounted.)
cmviewcl shows the package as up, it does not fail, let alone failover....

Any ideas,
Thanks

Chris

Difficult to help not knowing your configuration...

To simulate a issue/failure, If I remove the LUN/Disk, and I can see it is removed via ioscan -fnNC disk (no hardward) and/or I remove the IP via ifconfig lanXXX down, the package never fails, even though the resource are offline.

>> SG doesn't protect from disk failure.

the IP goes down on the node, netstat -inw shows its down, and the mount point breaks (i can't view files within the lost mount point, although bdf shows its still mounted.)
cmviewcl shows the package as up, it does not fail, let alone failover....

>> SG communicates via DLPI, so if you down the ip, you still have a connection
>> on the lower layer.
>> You have to sever the physical connection