Why does opencv-python-headless take a long time to complete

Hello,

I've noticed that when installing opencv-python-headless using pip3, the process takes a considerable amount of time to complete. I'm curious about the factors that contribute to this lengthy installation time.

Thank you.

@ianasystems , Welcome, I suggest to take this to a pip focused forum , there could be any one of many many reasons ... network/diskspace/your-hardware/backend-delays .
what constitutes 'a considerable amount of time to complete' in your opinion ? does it significantly differ from 'a normal amount of time to complete' ?

what h/ware is this on, what OS (name + version .....) .... how fast is your i/net connection ....

@ianasystems ,

NB:as a general 'rule' of good citizenship, cross posting is discouraged, so, pleasae don't do it, your posts/account are liable to be suspended/delete if you persist.

Take 5 minutes to acquaint yourself with the guidelines - link below, tks

FAQ's
Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post or send a private message where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

Also, you were asked a few simple questions but have not replied , but did post to stackexchange AFTER posting here, again, please, be courteous and make the effort to respond, afterall you are expecting the same.