Which version of tomcat should i choose?

hello every body,

i want to install tomcat but i want the latest stable version. I found the 7 version is latest but i found alot of minor versions from 7.0.6 to 7.0.32 and i don't know which one should i install.

i have oracle 11 and want tomcat to communicate with it
i will install tomcat on solaris 10
how can i secure the tomcat server if this server will be accessed by any one

i mean this application accessed by people through the internet .

i am waiting your help

Servers can be stripped down so they do not run a lot of unnecessary, problematic services. Firewall software on the server can say what hosts can even get to what services. Oracle might be only accessible from inside, and inside only accessible from ssh.

Choose the latest "stable release" of Tomcat and a late release JAVA that supports it. Running https services is necessary to have secure access.

Thanks, i found Apache Tomcat version 7 but i found alot of releases from 7.0.0 to 7.0.32 which one it will be the latest stable i am a friad that 7.0.32 to be as beta version
so could you tell me what is the latest stable release

I see up to 7.0.32 on the stable svn branch:
Apache Tomcat - Subversion Repository Access
but 7.0.30 is proffered on the main page:
Apache Tomcat - Welcome!
I would go with 7.0.32 just because if you have a bug, the world is full of people who say "try the latest release and see if you can duplicate it." I would use JAVA 1.7__latest, too, for similar reasons and to push obsolescence that much farther out. Once you get it running and in production, then it takes a lot of hopefully automated regression testing to verify a new release of either is viable. By that time, neither will be the latest. If you have the regression tests, and keep their coverage up with discovered problems, you can keep your prod up to date. Update you-wrote-it code that adjusts functionality in separate releases from new revisions of bought/downloaded stuff, so you never blame the wrong shop and it saves time. Of course, sometime you need to change the first to accomodate the second, but the changes should be backward compatible to the old tomcat/jdk.

thanks alot