Which is the best application to create recovery disk?

Hi Experts....

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-Bit edition on my laptop

I just reinstalled OS for some reason and installed many application packages using sudo as well as by downloading, now I would like to create recovery disk so that if I reinstall OS once again, I should be able to install all those packages without the use of internet

I have some application packages which is not available using sudo example matlab,etc, and one more problem is .bashrc and profile entries after the installation. is there any way to create complete installation disk or iso ?? I am not sure about apton

so how can I make complete recovery disk

please someone help me on this regards.

You can use an extra software like clonezilla or work with onboard tools like dd .

my doubt is so far I have not used

dd

suppose if I take backup of my root using

dd if=/dev/sda7 of=./root.image

and then if I format and reinstall OS, then using this command

dd if=root.image of=/dev/sda7

will restore all package ?? or I need to do anything more if this method works it will be fine no worries about internet and I can install packages on my clients pc's also. please make it clear

You can find lots of infos on this topic with google... Please do that first. If things are still unclear after that, please let us know.

How to copy a Linux installation - ThinkWiki

Thanks for reply...sorry it's still not clear to me...I don't know which is best and which is worst..

I don't understand what you mean by "best" and "worst". There are ways to make a clone/backup of your installation. Using dd is one way to do it. If you prefer using a tool like clonezilla, that is fine, too.
Every tool has advantages and disadvantages. Start using the tools and you will find out more about them. As far as I can say, there is never a "best" way to do things. There is just a way or lots of ways...

Thank You.

You'd need a bigger partition available than your entire hard drive, for that dd trick to work.