Which command can trace what I have done on aix?

I remember there is a command can trace what I have done on aix. such as when I run smitty user to add a new user, run any command on aix, install some application software on aix, just like trace every step and every screen out to a file.

I forget what command is, does anyone know it?

What you did with smit you can see by looking into "~/smit.log". What has last been installed you can see with "lslpp -h" or "rpm -qa --last". For what has been done in the shell you can check the history like in "~/.sh_history".
I don't know about an "ultimate" command to see it all, sorry.

I'd agree with zaxxon.

history is the command i use the most for checking what i've done in the past.

That or setting set -o vi so that i can cycle through old commands

I would like to add the wtmp and utmp files in the /var tree to the list. If you need to know when and from where you have logged into the system this is the place to look.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

I believe the command you're thinking of is "script". With no options, it logs everything on the screen to typeset by default.

amoser

dnt u think the script command if run with no options will eventually be of a very large size and then will create problems??????

This might be, but then such a tracing tool should not be implemented without some additional measures like log rotating facilities and cronjobs to shorten/file off the resulting logs.

It is advisable to come up with some quantity structure first to know how often to cycle the logs and how much space to provide for them growing in between.

bakunin