Whether anything went wrong ?

Hi could see all the post with this old color scheme ( legacy (dark) vBulletin color scheme (unsupported)) except this post, please look at the screenshot . Looks like url parsing also some problem is there getting "Page not found" error.

--
Akshay

--edit--

screenshot is there in album Codetags created by me.

Excuse me....

Everyone was told the legacy dark color scheme is 100% unsupported.

Please do not post any support related questions, or we will disable it fully, as mentioned.

I don't think I can be more clear about this.

Is "unsupported" not clearly understood?

Same problem is there with new 2014 default light and bright (supported) color scheme :slight_smile:

look the attachments created with new color scheme

We cannot test a link from a screenshot. Post the link too, please.

I can understand, I had same issue in past also, so I created thread this time.

Thank you, this thread can be closed.

Please post the link again.. I did not see it ... and you might not believe it.. but I'm kinda busy... so when you make thing easy for me.. the results will be better I promise you.

For example, your first post was only about an unsupported legacy dark style.

Then we have another post about a supported style.

Actually, I would have preferred no post about an unsupported style and easy details and links (and screenshots) to the supported style problem.

That's where we got off on the "wrong foot" because this started as a post which specifically mentioned an unsupported style.

Believe or now, we admins do get busy, and we really would appreciate posts about supported styles, links and screenshots :wink:

OK... I found the link and fixed this by simply editing the post and changing the [code] tag to a

[quote]
tag.

The problem is not directly CSS related, it is related to the way the forum meta data is created and I need to add a line of code to fix this... the forum meta data is getting some chars which effect how the page is rendered, and then the CSS does not load property.

If you see this (rare) problem in the future, it can be "quick fixed" by editing the post and changing the CODE tag to a QUOTE tag.. or at least it worked in this occasion.

OK. I checked and this is not our code problem... It is an issue with how DBSEO generates the meta data for 'description' in the HTML code.

We disabled our custom code for this and are using DBSEO code.

So in the eventuality we meet again something of the sort, should we pay attention to it or like I have been doing lately: Blaming my mac and say to myself tomorrow is another day things may be better...

Post #5 screenshots were taken from 2014 new color scheme, I don't know how problem solved. Thanks its all right now. I feel guilty for wasting so much of your time, Sorry :slight_smile:

--
Akshay

I thought I addressed this is post #9

Hi Akshay,

You did the right thing to post this issue. I am simply asking you and everyone not post post support questions about the legacy dark style. Your first post did not mentioned the new light style, and my reply was based on your first post.

Maybe is simply best I disable the dark style, because I do not want to have the kind of confusing discussion again?

Yes Neo disabling the old color scheme will be the best in future point of view.

1 Like

Yes, I agree.

Having an unsupported user choice is going to result in these types of discussions more often that I / we all would like to have

Thanks again; and keep up the great work in the forums.

You are doing a great job, BTW; and thanks for looking out for these kinds of issues.

Update:

Since it is the DBSEO meta data for "description" that was causing the issue; as a "quick fix" I moved the CSS include file "up" in the HTML file (far above the meta data description tag, and this appears to have "quick fixed" this issue.

It's not a perfect fix, but it seems to work for now.

I am confused that whether I have to create new thread for this issue or have to continue here, there is one small issue I noticed now, when I am clicking on my username its showing following

• Send private message to Akshay Hegde
  • Send email to Akshay Hegde
  • Add Akshay Hegde to your contacts

I think these links need to be hidden.
screen shot is attached here.

There is no reason to hide those links.

They have been visible for over 10 years.

Please note:

Bug reports, feature request, etc. should be posted here.

Not sure why you are confused. The description of that forum area is pretty clear.