where do the configuration files from Redhat (fedora) authconfig-tui reside?

I have tried moving out the /etc/ldap.conf as well as /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files. I have LDAP Authentication turned on in the TUI. It lets me define a host and base, but the entries are not saved to the above files. /etc/sysconfig/authconfig has a bunch of environmental variables, but none point to the ldap server. Yet it knows which LDAP server to fall back on when I try to log in over sshd. Of course I ask this because LDAP authentication is not working for me right now (well working on one machine, but not on another, although they have the same slapd.conf configuration). :slight_smile:

Which specific version of Redhat are you using? Why can't you use the GUI configuration tool?

I am on Fedora 13. My question is because I have the two machines configured exactly the same, both pointing to the same LDAP server. One authenticates fine, but the other fails. Therefore I think it is a difference in the client configuration and I want to look at it (no iptables or other variables in the picture). For now, I configured them similarly using the TUI, but I'd like to know where the pam_ldap.so module is picking its conf up from.