Where are the Areca and IPMI config files located

Hi,

I'm trying to locate the config files that are installed on a Unix/Linux system that belong to programs called Areca and IPMI. Two different programs. The most information I can get from IPMI is that it may be version 1.11 from Supermicro and it's installed by a CD. I checked the CD and there is no information on where it is installed. Areca also seems to be installed in the system as we get them so I have no idea where it is kept.

I want to know where the config files are so I can modify them through a script rather than the GUI.

I ran a "find" command using config, areca, ipmi and came up with nothing. If anyone has has these programs installed on their systems and have any ideas on where to look, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also thinking that the config files may actually be on the card. Would there be a way to script the configurations? I'm really new to scripting and I also wondered if you can create scripts that run over a GUI, if that is even possible.

You can check what files the program opens by running the program with strace, if can get it. Try strace programname 2> logfile, it will print all system calls the program makes into logfile, including open() calls. thsi has more than once saved me much brain damage in trying to guess where the heck something keeps its files/wants its files.