What's mail system running on Linux

Hi,I am need setup mail system on the linux, but i am don't know , My linux system is Redhat Linux 9.0.However,What's kind mail system is fit my operation system? expect everyone give directionsme with superior . Thanks!

redhat normally comes iwith sendmail but it difficult to configure, for an easily configure MTA you can install exim download from www.exim.org or postfix from www.postfix.org

I recomend exim, it easy to set up

I am consult some information about linux mail system,Louts Support linux,but i am dont't know that what about setup louts software on the linux.

I do use Lotus Domino on SuSe and RedHat Enterprise.
It runs fine

check out open exchnage and Suse...

Not free but really cool:

I think to make active a mail server on your os, sendmail is the most able to realize this task. It's hard to configure but default configuration under MandrakeLinux and RedHat are good for that. Last month, I had configured a network with WinXP, Win2000, WinNT 4 WK and RedHat 8.0 as server proxy and mail to filter vbs, exe ... attached file on e-mail received by Win. I had used squid, fetchmail, imap3, and SENDMAIL but I needn't to reconfigure it.
Sendmail is very good software. the only good alternative for sendmail (it's what i think) is PostFix, very simple to configure and you can find him in All RedHat distributions CDs.

*Sorry for word mistakes : I'm French :slight_smile:

That like hassan2 I recomend exim. I thik that it is a super mail system and quite simple.
www.exim.org

cheers
-kzl