What OS closest represents Solaris

Hi all. Im new to programming and Unix. Want to start learning to use Solaris 11. I have 2 boxes currently and want to run an all in one Solaris Box to act as a file server, web server ect. I want to use the second box as my main programming box that is as close to a Solaris OS as possible that has better Browser support. Seems with Solaris Firefox is the only browser I am able to use. Being that Solaris is made for servers more than a desktop Im not complaining, just wondering what Desktop version OS closest matches Solaris but allowing me to use the widest range of browsers for testing. Thanks you for your input.

No desktop OS closely matches Solaris as such. Solaris 11 uses the GNOME 2 desktop whereas most Linux distributions are moving, or have moved, from GNOME 2 to the GNOME Shell or to an alternative desktop.

Anything wrong with Firefox or it is just you want to test web pages with multiple browsers ?
In the latter case, you can still use Solaris as your desktop and run various browsers on top of Linux and/or Windows VirtualBox VMs.

A nice (if a little old) infographic:

LINK