What is mounting my RAID?

On solaris, I'm used to seeing mount info in /etc/vfstab. I have a raid-5 disk that is mounted, and I see an entry in the vfstab, but that entry was commented out years ago and seems to not be what is currently mounting the RAID when the machine boots. I'm trying to figure out what is mounting the raid on boot, and what is the best way to unmount/mount the disk manually.

I'm running solaris 10 on a Sun Fire x4240. The disk in question is called /raid06. I am running the Storage Tek RAID Manager.

The commented entry in /etc/vfstab:
#/dev/dsk/c1t4d0 /dev/rdsk/c1t4d0s0 /raid06 zfs - yes -

The entry in /etc/mnttab that shows the mount is:
raid06 /raid06 zfs rw,devices,setuid,nonbmand,exec,xattr,atime,dev=2d50002 1397237639

I'm hoping I can just do a "umount /raid06" and "mount /raid06" but I would really like to know what is actually controlling this and mounting the disk on boot. I don't see any reference to /raid06 in the Storage Tek RAID Manager, and I can't find any references to /raid06 anywhere other than the one that is commented out in /etc/vfstab. The system reboots and mounts the RAID just fine. Can someone help me figure out what is actually controlling that? Thanks.

-JJ

Check the zpool and zfs command and also the zfs documentation!

2 Likes

Looks like that's it. Thanks.

-J