What is a taxi server?

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me what is a taxi server?

I came to know the term taxi server in context of remote access.
I tried to google it out could not get any definition/description of what this taxi server really is?

If anyone knows any website/link to learn more about taxi servers,please do post the same,

Might be what you mean?
WebTaxi Architecture Definition and Web Service Identification

Dear Methyl,

I had visited the event-helix site previuosly when it googled taxi server,,but i am not sure if that would be the desired solution,,let me give u a few more details and context;

1) We use Putty/WinSSH to login to remote Z-Linux Severs ,

2) Initially the server ip address given to us by sysadmin started with 10,eg -
10.123.154.198,,,this ip was not accessible from the next week onwards,,

3) When Incident was raised , the Admin provided an alternate ip address starting with 148,,,eg 148.124.174.65 and mentioned that it was a taxi server(taxi 07/08) used for remote access.

I mailed him immediately, requesting a clarification on what this taxi server does ,,but no reply and since then i am searching for the proper answer,,,

Now i mentioned all these points hoping that perhaps you or any of our forum members might recognize what this taxi server is all about,,,

Are you connecting from that "taxi server" to the Z-Linux Servers (10.*.*.*)?

encrypted files are sent to these server . I know this much , not sure is it true or not !

Hi bartus11,

No i am now connecting to the ip address starting with 148,using putty from my desktop(running on windos xp),,as per admin's mail,,,,the ip address starting with 148 is a taxi server which has remote access enabled,,,,,
does this ring any bell,,,,,,

It would may more sense if it was a Proxy Server.