What else do you do?

I play bass guitar - smoke hookah - and right now after work I like to play COD 4 online or play Mass Effect -

wow, what a great thread.

I do lots of things. Let me just list a few of them out.

1.) lots of halo 3 (online), used to be gears of war.
2.) table tennis, love it...i love power smash loops like Kraenga
3.) food. I love to eat food and i mean i take such a pleasure from it. goes very deep with me.
4.) used to box (hurt my ankle).
5.) exercise (weight lifting)
6.) acting on the side (TV & Movies)
7.) swimming
8.) south beach miami fl.
9.) new york city
10.) HDTV. I dont watch standard definition anymore.
11.) i love bumming around and just relaxing.

i used to play tons of chess, but i guess it slowly died out...maybe i should pick up a chess book and see if i can rekindle the flame.

-Sowser

That's really cool grial, so are you training up for solo jumps? Static line? Tandem? I've done the training for parachuting but never done the jump :frowning: Bad weather prevented it the one time I was roganised enough to try it.

What free time I find is usually spent at various local theatres either designing sets or acting. Currently I'm Daddy Warbucks in "Annie" at the Schenectady Light Opera Company which opens on Friday.

Not one of my brightest ideas to shave my head in Upstate New York in December (and the rest of winter, really). If anyone is in the area, we run for three weeks.

:smiley:

Cool ! On the same line as me ! :wink:

Let's rock ! :b:

cool indeed! I would like to do it regularly (solo jumps), but, for now, a tandem jump is enough for me, specially if my wife comes with me :slight_smile:

What a great get-to-know-Ye thread! My time is spent:

1. Second Life -- My avatar is Cazzj Brearly. I build and script.
  2. Game of Go -- The Interactive Way To Go
  3. OpenMoko & the neo1973 -- Openmoko.org Portal Site. The first completely Open Source cell phone.
  4. Open source PBX telephony with Asterisk.
  5. Half Life 2, Team Fortress, Quake 4, Quake Wars

Cheers!

which part of singapore are you located?

Hi guys,
Still pretty new to this forum!

Outside of IT I guess holidays (usually spent in the USA) and cars.
I spend alot of my time on car forums.
The only sport I pay any attention to is F1, Ferrari in particular.

How about meeting online sowmewhere and go for it?

here is a list of chess servers where you can find bakunin occasionally:

Chessgate - Schach (in german, if interested i could help)

Caissa's Web Online Chess

bakunin

I'm in the north-east. Tampines to be exact.

I play the bass guitar and guitar, watch telly, listen to Hi-Fi, do Karate, and do the family things you would with three kids.

Im one of these new "older" new parents...
So I take my kids out on week-end and when at home so I have 2 choices after:Enter as soon as possible and Im doomed, or spare some time for me, I do that at lunch time and try to go and play church organ 2-3 times in the week, motorcycling: take a day off work, but since I use my Bike (K100RT, I do look ridiculous on it but people got uset to the sight: Im 1m58...) to go to work depending of the weather and my mood I may change itinerary ...

In my other life, I'm a DJ Entertainer with a specialty in weddings. Toward that end, I'm also an Ordained Clergy Person. I can officiate at the wedding ceremony and then entertain at the reception.

If someone books you to officiate in the ceremony as well as entertain at the reception, do they get a discount? :slight_smile:

Like many others here, I spend most of my time with my family ( kids on the late...) and so my favorite activities suffer of lack of "practice" I even wonder if my oldtimers (bikes) will even accept to run again...

Yes.

It's kinda fun actually. People like the idea of getting a professional entertainer rather than a preacher to perform the ceremony. Not that I make a mockery our of the ceremony or anything like that, but I present it like a performance where the bride & groom are the stars, rather than a prayer meeting the way so many church sanctioned ceremonies would be performed.

Is it OK to drop a link to my web site? I hope so.
For more info: DJ Teddy Bear and Reverend Dave

^^^ Nicely put together website Dave! Very cool business concept too :slight_smile:

pico hobbies

#!/bin/sh
tired=true
while echo Enter a hobby to display
read hobby
[ $hobby != $tired -a $hobby != 'SO TIRED' ]
do
grep -w -i $hobby listofthingsIdo.txt
done

^X

Overwrite?:Y

$sh hobbies

wait... I think I missed the point of the thread...

My business is in its growth stage so I have no spare time to do anything else. I'm on my computer 15 hours/day. Once in a while I take a little break and watch tv, but I do that on my computer too, and usually work on something at the same time.

My business has been going for 5 years now, but until 2 months ago it was just a side job. In December I decided to drop other work and make this full time, so if I want it to work, I have to invest all my time into it for at least the next few months.