What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?

I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start?

Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp. I want to make some joomla templates as well but i will ask later this question.

If you programmed your websites with cakephp, then I wonder why you ask how to start programming php. Either you did not program your websites yourself or... I don't get it.

There are tons of tutorials on the web for every language for beginners and advanced users which can be easily found by your favourite search engine.

Maybe be more precise in what you are looking for so it will be easier for people to answer your questions.

Hello Anna,

As you have mentioned that site is in cakephp in that case i will suggest you hire a php programmer for that. because to start php initail you have to start with basic php function after that classes modules and structure. cake php is a frmaework so in my opinion hire a php programmer.

Thanks
:slight_smile:

If you use Joomla as CMS, you would know you don't need to be developer, only integrator. Basics knlowledge in HTML/CSS/Javascript will be useful. Not more.