weird domain issue.

OK so i have a virtual server where i store files. one day i tied to login and i couldn't connect to my sevrer so i logged into my ssh and checked to see if the process was running. proftp was not. I then tried to start it manually and got the error below. Now the domain listed there is not mine and i have never seen it in my life. I added it to my host file and it fixed my problem but how can i fix it so that it wants my domain in the host file instead of that one.

I'm guessing it wanted to resolve that domain because of some sort of setting outside of the jail system? but i could be wrong. this is a freebsd server btw. any input would be appreciated thanks.

• getaddrinfo 'capu.biz' error: No address associated with hostname
  • error: unable to determine IP address of 'capu.biz'
  • error: no valid servers configured
  • Fatal: error processing configuration file '/usr/local/psa/ftpd/etc/proft

I guess you're using Plesk to manage the hosts, and it seems that you are using ProFTPD. Take a look at "/usr/local/psa/ftpd/etc/proftpd.conf" file, disable the DNS options by adding this :

, also these should be present :

My guess is that someone added (accidentally ?)"capu.biz" as your vhost, and ftp server cannot bind an IP address to it.
However, your situation seems very specific, I'd suggest asking your hosting provider for more info.

thanks for the advise but it didn't work. i just figured out that somehow my virtual servers hostname keeps getting changed so i just changed it back hostname mydomain.com i'm going to check my logs and setup something to prevent the change. that should do thae trick