Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file?
I got try the command below:

[home]program_used input_file > new_output_file
[home]program_used input_file >> new_output_file

Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output result file.
The "program_used" is a binary file as well. Thus unable to edit its contents :frowning:
My purpose just want to save the output result of "program_used" into another "new_output_file".
Thanks for any advice to archive my desired goal.

Does following giving you any output on the screen :

[home]program_used input_file 

because ">" and ">>" will redirect the very same output which you get on your screen to the new_output_file.If after running the above program you are not getting any output on your screen then you can't redirect it to new_output_file.Then in that case you need to use different method.
Pl let us know...

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The above command able to give me an output in my screen. But I unable to save it into another output file :frowning:
Do you got any idea how I can archive it?

how about - do you see anything in 'new_output_file.stderr' and 'new_output_file.stdout' files?

program_used input_file 1> new_output_file.stdout 2> new_output_file.stderr

Yaa Vgersh is right...
If you are unable to redirect the output with ">" or ">>" then I am a bit sure that the output you are getting is not the stdout.It should be stderror and you can trap it by using "2>" or "2>>" insted of ">" or ">>".

So, use this instad..

Also make sure that you have proper privileges to write in that particular location.

Hi vgersh99,
After I try your command. It gives the following error message :frowning:

-bash: new_output_file.stdout: No such file or directory 

---------- Post updated at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:03 PM ----------

Haiz...
I also wonder why I can't save the output result into another new file :frowning: