Wanted: Recommendations for Proxy Server

I have a VPN client on a computer. Unfortunately, I am not, as a matter of my client's security policy, allowed to install that VPN client on additional computers in my home office.

This is inconvient. I would like to use remote desktop from additional computers in my home office. Can someone recommend a proxy server I can install on the computer running the VPN client that would allow me to use Remote Desktop from any of my home office machines and log into my client's machines at my client's site via the VPN client?

I think Apache HTTPD has this feature but I am not sure if this is the ideal tool. I've never set it up this way and I don't know what ports remote desktop uses anyway. Can someone tell me what ports remote desk top uses and recommend a low cost proxy server?
Thanks,
Siegfried

There are lots of proxys that you can use, but I'm not sure that this will work for you, I mean, I didn't understand the point of having proxy for this job, maybe I'm missing something. If someone else has suggestions, please share them.
Edit : wait, is the idea : each of the computers from your office will go out via this proxy, thus benefit from the VPN installed on the proxy machine ?

You got it!

um ok, personally I haven't installed proxy on Windows, but you should be able to choose from the link I gave you. Basically, it should do : the VPN client on the proxy machine is always connected to the remote destination, + proxy running, hence all the clients will route their connections once at proxy and the proxy will route them through the VPN.

hi,

i'm not sure whether you are talking about NAT server as proxy server - or true HTTPD proxy as a proxy server. AFAIK, HTTPD only works for web related app (either forward or reverse).
Since RDC is not a web related app - thats new.
BTW - RDC is on port 3389.
if you can do SNAT from your gateway to your RD target - you dont have to do VPN.

Cheers.