Want to copy all printers to a different serv

Hi,
We have a Disaster Recovery machine , seperate to our main server.
How can I copy all the printer info from our "live" machine to the DR machine.

If we then lose our main server , we could still be able to print from a DR machine if needed.

Thanks

the "correct" way to do it is to recreate the printer queues on the DR box ...

an easy way to do it is to just copy /etc/printers.conf, if exists, from the production box to the DR box ...

a non-tested way to do it is to copy everything in /var/spool/lp at a time when the print queues in the production box are empty and then copy those over to the DR box ...

pick whichever works ... good luck!

Hi,
I have a case like that and I want to implement this solution.
How to test the printer is OK in new server before user can use it ?

Hi,
I have a case like that and I want to implement this solution.
How to test the printer is OK in new server before user can use it ?

Did you ever obtain any confirmation that copying /var/spool/lp from one system to another will in fact work? I've had some success scripting the movement of printers in the past but my success was limited and problematic. I usually found it easier to just recreate the printers on another system. If this works it would tremendously simplify the issues of DR and printer replication. Thanks for your help.

Did you ever obtain any confirmation that copying /var/spool/lp from one system to another will in fact work? I've had some success scripting the movement of printers in the past but my success was limited and problematic. I usually found it easier to just recreate the printers on another system. If this works it would tremendously simplify the issues of DR and printer replication. Thanks for your help.

system architecture, the drivers and the kernel patch level plays a part in this.. So be carefuland understand what your doing. :o