VPN issue on Linux:

I was using PureVPN (with openvpn) on my windows machines and thought I'd try setting that up on linux mint 19.1 (xfce 32 bit).

I followed complete installation process given on their website and all was working fine until I had to move the renamed config file into the openvpn folder.

However, I can't move the config file now to the /etc/openvpn folder for some reason. It does not seems to matter if I command 'mv' in terminal or try to drag & drop it there.

I tried contacting their support, but I don't know when I'll get messaged back or not.

Has any one know what can be a solution for this?

VPN connection issue on mint 17:

Hello,I am using mint 17 64 bit mate. On both PC and lap top.

They are both relatively new installations and I have installed my VPN (openVPN protocol) to both systems.

Somehow The VPN is not connecting on both computers, I have removed the installation completely and reinstall it, but still not able to figure out what is the issue, every time I try to connect it's just keep showing me, reconnecting error.

I can see that there seems to be issues with VPN or network manager is there any other software I could use for my VPN connections?

If the file needs to be under /etc most probably it can be written only by the root user (or some similar user with special rights). You should execute

sudo su - root

therefore, so that you become root , then you can use mv (better: cp = copy) to put the file there.

Notice that you should only do the absolute necessary minimum as root . Switch to the user in a new window, move/copy the file, make sure it has the right file access permissions and then exit this window again IMMEDIATELY. The root user is allowed to do absolutely everything (this includes: destroy absolutely everything) and therefore should be used with the utmost caution.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Hello bakunin,

Thank you so much, I have forgot the permission rights issue, and have been finding other way in these guides Linux VPN Setup Guide by PureVPN , How to Setup and Install VPN on Linux - (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora) provided by my VPN provider for VPN errors but the main issue was, I was not doing it as a root user. Thanks again.