vPar Boot Error

Hi All,

Please help me out in below issue in creating vPar.

We have one nPar in which we have to create 2 vPars, out of which first vPar is already created and it is running well which have local disk as a boot device.Now we have to create 2nd vPar which need to use SAN disk for booting. Now the issue is, vPar is created and when we try to install OS by booting it through first vPar,
vparboot -p <vparname> -I
It will start the configuration and after completing archive load of source successfully. it will boot automatically (by giving message: rebooting as expected) and thereafter it will fail by giving out below message:

HP-UX Boot Loader for IPF -- Revision 2.029
Error: kernel does not contain required vPars components.
[MON]
vPar "vpar2" failed to load the kernel for either trying to boot an unsupported kernel in vPars environment or having incorrect vPars software installed on the boot device.
Error loading "vpar2". Shutting down "vpar2"...
[MON] vpar2 has halted.

Appriciate your help to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Laxmikant

I think I have got a solution to this.Let me confirm on this. :slight_smile:

You fixed it, Yes/No?

If No, tell me these information. Which hardware, What is the version of Vpars? / What is the version of HP-UX in Vpar1, what is that you are trying to install on Vpar2?

If Yes, please share what happened so it might help others. Its a good practice!

-DB

1 Like

Hi DB,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, now the issue has been fixed. Now the ignite contains vpar software in it which it was missing.
When we created first vpar it worked properly with vpar software being installed lateron.Might be because that npar was holding only one vpar that time and vpar software was installed in at npar level. But for second vpar the SAN disk was unable to boot without vpar software.Now it is up and running fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Regards,
Laxmikant