VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there!

I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V. I have been told that the best way to do so would be to write a short PowerShell script referring to Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This is what I have come up with so far:

Import-Module   "C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\MvmcCmdlet.psd1"   ConvertTo -VirtualHardDisk: -SourceLiteralPath   "D:\XXXX\base.vmdk"    "D:\XXXX"-VhdType FixedHardDisk -VhdFormat Vhd

The error report says "No positional parameters found". What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate your feedback!

The same is true for us. We are a UNIX forum and don't deal with Windows-systems unless we need to connect them to our own systems.

And, by the way, could you please refrain from formatting what you write to death? It just makes it harder to read on certain devices and gains you nothing. Simple CODE-tags, like you used, is absolutely enough. Thank you.

bakunin

I am sorry if I have broken any formatting rules. I thought I would copy and paste my code and stick to the original format to keep things as structured as possible.

"Shell Programming and Scripting" seemed to be a good fit. Didn't know that Shell Programming using Unix was all that different from Window's PowerShell. I will make sure to ask my question elsewhere.

Might be better placed in the Windows & DOS subforum - moving it there :wink: