VM network issue

Hi, I'm trying to create a lab environment in my personal laptop. I have created a virtualbox RHEL6.1 and I want to make another copy out of it to make it 4 instances by simply copying the whole folder and changing their name and then changing their IP addresses. is this OK? please advice.

for now I have created the first one. it seems that the network interface is fine and I can ping any other machine, even I can ping google, yahoo and also my own laptop IP address which is getting its IP from a home-router (192.168.1.1). but when I try to ping the VM from out of it, I can't reach it because the IP range is totally different!!! I don't know from where this IP has been assigned to my VM. I tried system-config-network and tried to give it static addresses but it's not working. I'm afraid I'm not approaching this problem in a good way. can somebody help me a little bit with this? thanks

Your network is probably set up as NAT. If you want to do it the way you are discussing you should probably go with a bridged network, however, if you cannot give IP addresses on that range, it may not work

hey, yeah it was exactly the issue which I found it yesterday and i forgot to update my post, thanks anyways.