VM and Redhat Problems

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a some problems with redhat in my Oracle VM and the Redhat(rhel-server-5.5-x86_64-dvd.iso). I've installed both tools yesterday without any issues, but...
Through the redhat installation, i entered user and pass correctly, everythings was marching ok. The problems began to show up when i was trying to install Guest Addition, so i found that i can't even change any file permission wtih chmod, i tried to execute the guest_addition within the comand sudo but failed too, failed trying change my user's permission too, everything was denied.
So, my questions it's if i was the person who install the redhat and declare the user and pass, why i 'm not able to do anything like administrator?
It means i just have rights to read, but nothing else.
I need to become in administrator to get all permissions.
Any Idea to help please, i really need to fix this issue, it's driving me crazzy.

Perhaps the filesystems became read-only? Can you remount them?

Hi VerdePollo,

First, let me thanks you, if you notice de date of my question and how many answers i have recieve...you are the only one. So this option could works but this it's not the first time someone sugest me that. But i don't have any idea to do that, so if you could explain to me steps by steps i'll be glad (just more question, if you speak spanish will be better for me).

Thanks again:b:

Well, you did not provide a lot of details on the issue so I'm basically just guessing.

What does the output of mount show? Also, do you see any error message when you try to run any command?

I do indeed speak spanish but that is irrelevant in an english-speaking forum. If someone ever reads this thread again in 5 years from now hoping to find a solution or even the smallest pointer to the same issue it won't help to have an answer in a language other than the forum default.

1 Like

You right, about the language.
So i'll execute again the Oracle VM and let you know about the issues about it