VLAN on SF280

hi,
i tried to configure an VLAN interface on my SF280 based on the documentation on docs.sun.com

# ifconfig eri1000 plumb up

Oct 21 13:41:26 cmsmaster ip: ip_rput_dlpi(eri1000): DL_ERROR_ACK for DL_ATTACH_REQ(11), errno 8, unix 0
ifconfig: SIOCSLIFNAME for ip: eri1000: no such interface
Oct 21 13:41:26 cmsmaster ip: ip_rput_dlpi(eri1000): DL_ERROR_ACK for DL_BIND_REQ(1), errno 3, unix 0
Oct 21 13:41:26 cmsmaster ip: ip_rput_dlpi(eri1000): DL_ERROR_ACK for DL_PHYS_ADDR_REQ(49), errno 3, unix 0
Oct 21 13:41:26 cmsmaster ip: ip_rput_dlpi(eri1000): DL_ERROR_ACK for DL_UNBIND_REQ(2), errno 3, unix 0
Oct 21 13:41:26 cmsmaster ip: ip_rput_dlpi(eri1000): DL_ERROR_ACK for DL_DETACH_REQ(12), errno 3, unix 0

in the docs they are using "ce" but with ce solaris "only" says: uknown device

the packaged should be right
# pkginfo |grep vld
system SUNWvld Sun Ethernet Vlan Utility Routines
system SUNWvldu Sun Ethernet Vlan Utility Headers
system SUNWvldx Sun Ethernet Vlan Utility Routines (64-bit)

any ideas?

greetings Pre�y

Ok, I just read that page. Those docs are not great. ce is a card that you could get. You are using an eri card instead. They did also setup a ce0. Did you setup a eri0? If so, get rid of that and try it again.

If it's not that, then I don't know.

thanks to Perderabo ....

by the way, i had also set up an eri0 no changes, because -->....

just for info and forum searchs
the answere:
I contacted a friend of mine who's working at sun as an SE, he told me that the tpye "ce" is an additional driver for cards witch supports VLAN like vge, hme and ce itselfs. the "low budget" variants like eri or ge cannot create additional VLAN interfaces, so the only alternativ approach is to create "dummy" interfaces (eri0:1).. not an really good alternativ solution ;-(

thx a lot
greetings Pre�y